Sunday, May 16, 2010

Weekly Reflection

This week on senior project I learnt how to take care of chickens, monitor green house temperatures, spread black plastic, set up drip tape, seed into trays, transplant, put up pea fencing, planting based on the moon cycle, and about beekeeping. I really enjoyed all the work that I was doing. I especially enjoy taking care of the chickens and collecting eggs. I haven’t had any surprises yet on senior project. The work I have been doing is what I was expecting. I have been doing activities everyday to achieve my three goals: to understand the organization and planning of a small farm, to learn how to propagate seeds, and to understand how a chicken tractor can benefit a small farm and to learn how to take care of chickens. The morning chicken duty is an activity that will help me fulfill my goal of understanding chicken tractors and how to take care of chickens. Recording the green house and hoop house temperatures and reviewing the yearly farm plans are activities to that I have done to reach my goal of understand the organization and planning of a small farm. I am working on my goal to learn how to propagate seeds every day by helping with seeding, soil-mixing, transplanting, and watering. I believe I am on track to achieving my goals and already have a greater understanding of chickens, organization and planning, and seed propagation.

No comments:

Post a Comment